In class there will be 3 main rules that will need to be followed in order for the class to run smoothly and allow everyone the education that they are entitled to.
- If the teacher is talking, stop and listen.
- If another student is talking, stop and listen.
- If you want a turn, raise your hand. DON’T call out and talk over others.
- Exceptions: If we’re doing group work, keep your voices at a comfortable level (NO YELLING!!!) and conversations on topic.
- Your allocated work space is where you should remain all lesson.
- During practicals this means you stay at your work space and don’t interfere with others
- Don’t get out of your seat unless permission has been given
- Exceptions: If we’re outside for the lesson, stay with the group
No Food in class
- Speaks for itself, but finish your food before you get to class. We all have 3 breaks in a day which should be more than enough time to eat.
No Mobile Phones
Consequences for breaking the 3 rules
To make it simple there will be a 3 step process to follow if you break a rule:
- Verbal warning (except for phones)
- Time after class
- Removal to senior class and risk entry. (You will still have to come back after class also).
If you need to be removed 2 times in the same week, you will get a call home to follow up.