The following topic has been broken down into components. Click on the part you wish to learn about in more detail below.
|Living things & Cells||Photosynthesis & Respiration|
|Cell Mitosis & Meiosis||Systems in Plants|
|Human living systems||Unicellular life|
|Organ Donation||Disease over time|
- Define unicellular and multicellular
- Why do we need cells to divide
- Draw a simple plant and animal cell
- What is the function of the cell membrane, vacuole, chloroplast, and nucleus.
- What is respiration? Write the word equation.
- Where does it occur in the cell?
- What is photosynthesis? Write the word equation. Where does it occur in the plant cell?
- What is the product of photosynthesis? Why are plants called producers?
- What is transpiration?
- What is the role of the root, stem, Leaf and flower in a plant?
- Draw a simple model of the heart , labelling all parts.
- What is a pulse? How many litres of blood pass through your heart per minute?
- Why are valves important in the heart? Veins?
- Draw a diagram which shows the flow of blood around the body
- Where does the gas exchange occur in the lungs?
- What is the role of the diaphragm in breathing?
- What is the role of the skeleton?
- Define ligaments, tendon
- What mineral is essential for bone development?
- Know the role of the teeth, oesophagus, duodenum, rectum etc in the digestive system.
- Where does most of the absorption of food occur in the digestive system?
- What feature of the small intestine increases the rate of absorption of digested food.
- Define urethra, ureter, urine, urea