This is where we start to play with energy and a few of these facts might blow your mind. Did you know:
- That you are lightest in the morning? Why? Well because you’ve breathed some of your food and fat away and it is now filling the room as carbon dioxide…
- To “burn” your food, it is up to tiny Organelles with your cells called “Mitochondria” that turn the sugars in your food into ATP which can be used throughout the cell.
- The remainder of your used fat is water which can be sweat or urinated out.
- When you go toilet, your Urine is mostly dead red blood cells.
- Feces are mostly made of water (about 75%). The rest is made of dead bacteria that helped us digest our food, living bacteria, protein, undigested food residue (known as fiber), waste material from food, cellular linings, fats, salts, and substances released from the intestines (such as mucus) and the liver.
TL:DR (DAMN YOU’RE SHORT ATTENTION SPANS!)
The image below shows how cellular energy is made, and consumed by the cell. (Be sure to copy it into your books!)
Below that, there is the word equation which explains what is needed for each step to work.
The video takes as further along the pathway to explain it in more detail. (Take notes while watching, Mr Danic will pause for you or add them to the side of the board.
The game at the end, makes sure that you were paying attention and understand Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration.
BIOMAN GAME: This game is a little buggy and slow, however it will help you consolidate your knowledge of Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration.
Note: if you get stuck at the start, make sure you don’t have to click on any other instructions down the bottom first. Don’t rush, READ!